Today a statement was released detailing the first month of special military operations issued by the Ministry of Defense of Russia. It claims that 276 settlements have been liberated. Nearly two thirds of combat ready tanks and nearly three-quarters of Ukraine’s military aircraft have been destroyed together with half of Ukraine’s military helicopters and all but one of its Bayraktar TB2 drones, according to the statement.
Ukraine’s military infrastructure and supplies have been hit, up to 70%, the Russian Ministry of Defence says.
Inevitably there have been losses, lives cut short, on both sides.
(Here is the statement electronically translated)
- The offensive of the Russian troops disrupted the plans of the MFU [Military Forces of Ukraine] offensive on the DPR [Donetsk People’s Republic] and LPR [Lugansk People’s Republic] using artillery, missile systems and aviation.
- On January 22, Russian intelligence intercepted the order of General Balan on the need to complete preparations for offensive actions before February 28, so that the AFU could go on the offensive in March.
- The operation is progressing according to plan.
The main tasks of the first stage of the operation have already been completed.
- The main priority remains the preservation of civilian lives. Hence the tactics of precision strikes on the military infrastructure and the armed forces of the enemy.
- The blocking of large cities ensures the shackling of the AFU forces and does not allow the Ukrainian command to transfer reinforcements to the Donbass. The main operation at the moment is in the Donbas. 276 settlements have already been liberated in the DPR and LPR.
- Air supremacy was won by the Russian Aerospace Forces in the first two days of the operation. The organized air defense system, the Ukrainian Air Force and the Ukrainian Navy have virtually ceased to exist.
- Up to 70% of all military stocks of Ukraine were destroyed as a result of systematic attacks on warehouses. 30 key facilities of the military-industrial complex of Ukraine were destroyed. 68% of enterprises where military equipment was repaired have already been destroyed. At the same time, since the beginning of special military operations, the Ukrainian army has already destroyed 127 bridges.
- All the organized reserves of the Armed Forces of Ukraine have already been put into operation, there are no new ones. Hence the bet on the mobilization of the untrained contingent. According to the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, 6595 foreign mercenaries are fighting in Ukraine.
- Total losses of the APU during the month of operation. About 14,000 killed and about 16,000 wounded. Of the 2,416 combat-ready tanks and BBMs on February 24, 1,587 were destroyed in a month. 112 out of 152 military aircraft were destroyed, 75 out of 149 helicopters, 35 out of 36 Bayraktar TB2 drones were destroyed. Out of 180 S-300 and Buk M1 – 148, out of 300 radars for various purposes – 117.
The Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation will promptly respond to any attempts to close the airspace of Ukraine for the Russian Aerospace Forces.
- According to the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation, at least 10 Ukrainian sea mines are now drifting uncontrollably in the Black Sea, posing a threat to navigation.
- Units of the People’s Militia of the LPR liberated 93% of the territory of the republic. Currently, fighting is underway on the approaches to Severodonetsk and Lisichansk. The People’s Militia of the DPR took control of 54% of the territory. The liberation of the city of Mariupol continues. [This video shows many survivors who are now looking to be reunited with or discover the fate of relatives and friends.]
- Units of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, together with the People’s Militia of the DPR, are on the offensive to liberate settlements west of Donetsk.
- Unfortunately, during a special military operation there are losses among our comrades-in-arms. As of today, 1 thousand 351 servicemen have been killed, 3 thousand 825 have been injured.
- There are many appeals from Russians wishing to take part in the operation in Ukraine, more than 23 thousand foreigners from 37 countries have expressed their readiness to fight on the side of the people’s republics. We offered the leadership of the LPR and the DPR to accept this assistance, but they said they would defend their land themselves. They have enough forces and means.
- At the beginning of the special military operation, the units of the People’s militia of the LPR and DPR were opposed by a group of 59 thousand 300 people, including the most combat-ready formations and military units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the National Guard and nationalist formations. As a result, the law enforcement agencies of Ukraine in the OOS zone lost about 16 thousand people, which is 26% of the total number of the group as of February 24. Of these, more than 7 thousand are irretrievable losses.
- The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation will continue conducting a special operation in Ukraine until the tasks set by Russian President Vladimir Putin are fully completed.